Hit in calf during baseball game, swelling, bruised, huge lump, possible blood clot ?

My son was hit in the calf with a baseball about a month ago, actually twice in a week in the same spot. It swelled and bruised. Here we are a month later and it is big. The bruise is gone, but over the weekend he had noticed this huge lump. Imagine a softball and you cut it in glue it to my sons leg and that is what it feels like. We went to the docs yesterday and today he had his MRI . Just waiting to hear the results. I have been looking at the MRI, but i have no idea what I am looking at. Could he have a blood clot? What else could this mass be?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012