Hit hand, got head ache, fainted and passed out. Pain in whole arm. Anything serious?

i hit my left hand(middle knuckle) on a glass table really hard while i was was painful was holding my hand few seconds later i had a really bad headache ,got dizzy and stomach hurt,and i fainted,passed out(still had food in my mouth). My boyfriend said he went to hold me because i almost fell out the chair and came close to hitting my head against the wall,i woke up told me to breathe slowly. he said i was shaking when i was out while he held me up. i still felt a little lightheaded and my whole arm is in a little pain. it never happen before.what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You hit your hand on the edge of the table and fainted for couple of minutes This is due to what is called as Vaso Vagal Shock (Neurogenic Shock) It is nothing abnormal and one gets it whenever there is severe pain any where in the body due to injury.However it is transient and nothing to worry about.As regards the pain that you have in hand take some pain killers that you get over the counter. in medical store