Hit by vehicle, abrasion on buttocks. Treated with ointment, medical bandage. Greenish colour within wound inside pinkish area a sign of infection?

I was recently hit by a vehicle. Several injuries including an abrasion, approx. 8 inches in length directly above the buttocks . The wound is being treated with an ointment and covered with a medicated bandage . The accident occurred 30 days ago. The wound has been healing , and decreasing in size, albeit slowly. Today when my husband changed the dressing he noted that the wound now has a greenish color within the wound, inside the pinkish healing area. Is this color indicative of an infection?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
It definitely indicates infection with Pseudomonas. Consult your Surgeon who will advise wound swab for culture and Sensitivity to confirm it. Dressing the wound with Vinegar or Ciprofloxaxin ointment along with oral Ciprofloxaxin will definitely help.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Sharmila Bura's  Response
Thanks for posting to HCM
It due to injury.
Take Anti inflammatory drug.
Do regulars bandage.