Hit back of head while playing rugby. Having swollen neck, throat hurts while swallowing. Reason?

I recently played rugby with my friends and when I got tackled, I hit the back of my head really hard and I ended up with a big bump and extreme headache . I didn t black out or anything, I was conscious the whole time. The next day, I was in so much pain because my neck was hurting and so was my throat . Day 3 my neck is getting better and the bump is gone however my throat is irritating me. When I swallow it doesn t feel right, it hurts. Even when I m not doing anything with my mouth, it still hurts every now and then. I just want to know what the problem could be.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You seem to have strained your neck during that episode. Please use analgesics with muscle relaxants for that. The inside the throat problem can be because of allergy after your falling as some dust or something must have been inhaled by you. Please use anti-allergic for that. In case the problem persists, do consult an ENT. Regards