Hit angelfish during surfing, got a red blister on the top of toe. Had removed small broken piece from toe earlier. Help?

Hi docters, I am the airline pilot from Holland. On 12-12-12 I rented à board at LA, Venice Beach. I did love surfing and I defenetly will come back for more surfing! During surfing I must have hit a angelfish or seaurchin. ( hope I got the right translation) I went to my Docter and hè took à small broken off pièce out of my toe . 4 hours after I hit the angelfish or seaurchin, I got à big red blister in top of my toe, while I got hit underneath my toe. You must have more experience with this phenomenon than I do. Can you tell me what happened and especially how did I get this big red blister half An inch away from THE puncture? Hope to hear from you! Regards From Holland, Dinand
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012

Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Truth be told very few doctors have experience in this kind of thing, usually doctors who work on resorts know alot about these things of occurrences.
From what I can tell the doctor pulled out the sea urchins splinter (not sure what its called). If you are worried about the blister I recommend you see a dermatologist, as they may some idea on how to go about with this event.
It is also possible that the blister and the seaurchin pricking your toe event are totally unrelated.

I hope I managed to help you