History of thyroid removal due to papillary cancer. Can stitches be removed because they are painful?

I had thyroid removed 8 weeks ago due to papillary cancer. My stiches have not dissolved. If you run your finger along scar you can feel stiches and even see each pearl stich as it looks like little balls. Can anything be done to remove stiches as it is painful? Also had ultra sound yesterday for baseline purposes and it was painful and because I had to hyperextend my neck for so long I ve had the worst headache since. Do you think it is because of weak muscles?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013