History of taking AKT4, INH, RMP. Have INH induced psychosis. Should he take medicine only when having fever?

friend was on AKT - 4 for 1st 2 months and than on INH and RMP for next 2 months further diagnosis revealed that he was showing INH induced physcosis, hence both the drugs were closed by the doctor and has taken 4 months treatment is now fine and in very good condition from last 9 months, doctor told he is fine now and just we need to start the akt again only if he is having temperature, but he is perfectly fine now from last almost 1 year now. Please let me know if this is fine, just doctor had told if he continously get temperature again just take and x-ray again and consult him again, but he seems to very perfectly fine. let me know if that is right the tuberculosis drugs are stopped in 4 months, i heard that it should be taken for 6 months that why i am aksing.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013