History of tailbone injury. Taken injection for pain in leg and cheek

I had a tailbone injury about ten years ago. About six months ago, the pain returned and I can t isolate it to a specific incident. Dr. did an MRI in December and fortunately no tumors or fractures but a shift in the L5. Dr had me do PT and I felt no relief. He did an injection on Friday and felt oK the first day but pain has returned at same intensity. I was told the injection does not always work. Is this something I am going to have to learn to live with. Additionally pain radiates down left leg and some pain in right cheek at times.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013