History of stomach pains. Have swollen lump in lower rib cage. Connected to ulcer?

6 years ago I had extremely intense stomach pains and went to see my GP who said it could be an ulcer . He was less than sympathetic and despite my obvious pain, and didn t give me too great an explanation and didn t ask me or refer me for any tests. He did give me a months worth of antacids and gavaston which helped and after a week I felt much better. Now 6 years on if I have still had symptoms but never as bad as that initial first time. My symptoms are now bad if I ve had a particularly heavy night where I ve drank/smoked/caffeinated too much. I get a strange pain, almost like a swollen lump that feels tender to the left of my lower rib age. This doesn t happen often as I m a bit to old for partying but occasionally stress seems to agitate it too. Is this still connected to my suspected ulcer from years ago? Thanks in advance :)
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013