History of stitches due to accident. Swelling, redness, pain after stitch removal. What to do?

hello doc....actually i met with an accident last week 1st april,got 3 stiches in ventral surface of leg just in between last 2 fingers of toe 1 cm below.i got that stiches removed after 7 days but still there is swelling and little redness..pain is little.but im unable to walk properly and cannot put my whole feet down.swelling is increasing the whole day and night when im elevating it itts subsiding but very little..what should i do and how many days will it take to heal......
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Hi, you just take complete bed rest for two weeks.. Post traumatic oedema induced swelling and pain, It takes about two to three weeks for complete recovery. So, do not worry, take short course of antibiotics and antiinflammatory drugs. Take bed rest with elevated affected leg... I hope you will get good recovery... Ok