History of spinal injury. Had seizure. No limb numbness or facial drooping. Possible TIA?

My father was admitted to the hosptial yesterday via EMS. he was discovered by a trooper after he pulled off the road in what EMS describe as a seizure. He is 73, no prior seizure disorders no diabetes no HBP. He had a debilitating injury in his 30s to his spine and he has been on large doses of oral pain meds since then. he was taken into the hospital and they intubated him. He was awake yesterday afternoon,speaking fine and remembers everyone but then had alternating sessions of confusion where he didn t know why he was in the hospital. he has no limb numbness, no facial drooping. They took him in for an MRI late last night. I dont know the results yet. My question is, does this sound like a possible TIA? Could his alerted states be caused by IV pain meds they are giving him for his spine?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013