History of spinal fusions. Having pain in knees following loud pop when bending over. Do I need specialist treatment?

Hello, years ago I had two spinal fusions so, when I bent yesterday I did it at the knees lie I should. I did this twice and both times I heard a very loud pop in my right knee. Every now and then I get a burning sensation on the outside tendon and when I woke this morning, it really hurt for a while, and I couldn t bend it fully without pain. It s the same knee I injured when I wrestled in the mid 70s. My coach back then just iced it for week and I never had it checked out. I m 5 11 , 205 lbs. and 55 years of age. Should I just ice it and be done with it or see a knee specialist?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Wear and tear of the knee with increasing age can cause osteophyte formation. These may make such sounds or snapping of the tendon also make such noise. Anyway you can try some home remedy but if you dont get better in 1-2 day then its better to consult a knee specialist. Spine fusion has nothing to do with this. Thanks.