History of spinal cord injury. Difficulty passing stools, mucus in stools, difficulty emptying bladder. Want information

my husband was in a ATV accident in 2007, he has a spinal cord injury that was in c3 and c4. he has had at least 2 to 3 sever UTI infections a year, which out of the 5 years he has been in the hospital at least 3 times within the 5 year period. He also has problems with his bowels going as long as 6 to 8 days without a bowel movement. He also passes alot of mucas in between the bowel movements. The doctor did a sonagram on his bladder and kidneys. They found a mass on his bladder and have ordered a CT abdomen/pelvis renal mass protocol test with contras
Can you tell me how this is done and what they will do to the mass on his bladder. He has trouble emptying his bladder the doctor said it does not empty completely . It started about 6 months ago with pain on his lower left side and they thought is was caused from the UTI infections. Then they found the mass. So I was asking if you can tell me more about this. from Irma Collins , PS - My husband is 59 years old 5feet 6 inches and weighs 250 pounds.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013