History of smoking, coughing, spitting of blood, pain in pecks. What could this be?

I'm 28 run every day and consider my self fit. Smoked for 10 years but have been stopped for 4 months now. The problem I have is every couple of weeks I cough up or even just spit up a little bit of fresh blood. I think it might even be after I drink a lot of alchole( next morning) I do not have a cough during the days between spitting up the blood! I also have light pains in my sides and under my pecks which alternate in sides and comes and goes not sure if that's related
Thank u james
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013