History of smoking. Asthmatic patient. Chest aches, pain in right ribs to shoulder. Should I be concern?

I am an ex cigarette smoker, quit seven years ago. This summer I got into smoking a shisha/water pipe, smoked a few times a week do about three months. I stopped when I noticed it was having a detrimental effect on my lungs. I haven t smoked anything for a month now and I felt like I needed to cough something up for a few weeks, that feeling has now gone away but my chest aches now and I ve been using my inhalers more ( I m also asthmatic, stupid I know) The pain feels like its in my ribs right in the centre and occasionally radiating into my shoulders. Should I be concerned about this?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012