History of sinus infections. Pain below ribs and above liver. Reaction to corn?

Here is bit of background to help with my question. i have been on a grain free diet for over a year. In August I went the next step and gave up sugar and fat Ty foods to loose weight. I current weigh 245 lb. I have a history of terrible sinus infections which finally pushed me to give up grains which I believed worked as I haven t had an infection since last January just before I started the diet. In 2004 I got a lap band to help with weight lose which worked to a certain degree ( would take too long to explaine). I have been exsperancing throbbing bruise like pain in the area of my diaphram below my ribs and over my liver . The pain came several hours after eating food with corn products (something I realized after). I am hoping that I am exsperancing a corn intolerance, but I m worried that the lap band port is pulling away from where is was stitched in place. Is it more likely I m having a reaction to the corn or something to do with my lap band?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013