History of shingles in ear. Pimple in ear, painful. Possible to have shingles flare?

I had shingles nearly 7 years ago after a surgery... I had them in the inner part of my right ear leaving me with nerve damage that sometimes flares and phn... A few days ago I developed a pimple/ blister in my ear that was not too bothersome and went away. Today I woke up with a pimple/blister on the top part of my ear where it meets my head and it is horribly painful. Even when I am not touching it, it is painful. I am concerned that I am having a shingles flare -- is this possible? My boyfriend says he can barely see the blister (I imagine bc of location) but I can certainly feel it. Do I need to be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013