History of shingles and back pain. Taking acupuncture. Blood in stool. No constipation. What could it be?

My son developed shingles at 22 & it left him with chronic back pain at 23. He currently takes acupuncture, has a better diet & his stress went down somewhat, but he is still in daily pain. I know there's no vaccine for young people, why? Why do they only have it for the elderly? Also he recently discovered blood on his stool. His general doc gave him a kit to put the stool in & return it to the lab, which he's currently awaiting results. He doesn't have a constipation issue so i doubt its hemmoroids, what else could it be & what type of exam does he need to get?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013