History of sacrococcygeal teratoma. Painful coccyx. Alternative to removal of coccyx?

Last October I had a large Sacrococcygeal Teratoma removed surgically, and I have an appointment later this year to see if it is returning. My coccyx is painful when I put pressure on it, and I am worried the teratoma may be returning. I also have mild spina bifida, and am not in a wheelchair. The MRI showed that my coccyx is deformed, and I am looking for alternative ways to eliminate the teratoma, before there is any chance of my coccyx being removed - although if this is the last resort, then it has to be done. Is there any alterntives?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013