History of root canal. Have hard swelling, tenderness. Dangerous?

in sep 2012 i had undergone a root canal in my lower molar tooth..everything went well.. bt in march 2013 i noticed an abscess lump on the side of the root canal treated , (gum ) the pain was agonizing and then i conslted a dentist, he prescribed sme anti biotics, n pain killers ,, i had them for almost a week n now d pain is gone . the lump is also gone.. bt now i have a hard swelling right there on rct treated tooth,, the swelling feels in d bone n its is nt painful bt is tender,,, is it dangerous ...?? wt shud i do ?? am i d first one to experience this problm??
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013