History of polio. Taking Klonopin for feet swelling. Feeling of heat below knees. Any recommendations?

Had polio 59 years ago at age 14 resulting in one totally paralyzed leg and one partially so. Wear full leg braces and walk with crutches. Feet swell, have been taking Klonopin for 10 years for RLS. Use a leg wedge at bedtime to drain blood back, but have difficulty sleeping due to a sensation of heat below the knees in both legs and often sleep without any covering. Very restless and can't stand to have one leg/foot touch the other. condition has gotten progressively worse. Recent exam by a podiatrist he noticed the declaration of foot and recommended that I be examined by a vascular surgeon. Any recommendations?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013