History of paroxysmal A-fib. Taking Propafenone. Recurring episodes after taking Melatonin. What to do?

I've had paroxysmal A-Fib for 15 years. Propafenone keeps my episodes down to 1-2 a year. I know to avoid my 'triggers':chocolate and red wine or chocolate and red grapes, caffeine, etc. When I developed tinnitus my neurologist prescribed amitrypyiline which help with the sleep issue. Now, three years later we agreed to take me off it as I had come to grips with the tinnitus and can sleep if my ears are very bad. I've developed insomnia and it was suggested I try melatonin and 5-HTP w/ Mg. In four nights of taking these two drugs, I've had two episodes of a-fib. I will not be continuing this regimen. Is there something else to help with the insomnia which won't put me into a-fib., Thank You
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013