History of lateral meniscus tear in knee. Have pain in calf when exerting pressure. Undiagnosed muscle tear?

I was diagnosed with a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee about two years ago. I also had an extremely sharp pain in my left upper outer calf which happens only if I exert pressure in a twisting motion. I have no stiffness or locking of that knee. The pain is all on the outer left side of the knee and that occasional excruciating pain which occurs in the upper left side of my calf. Could my knee problems be caused by an undiagnosed muscle tear/shin splint? All the doctors I see just focus on the meniscal tear and say that the calf pain is caused by arthritis . I do remember feeling a really sharp pain when I pivoted on my left leg to get into the car after exercise. I have not been able to run since my leg started hurting and it is interfering with other activities I love to do like dancing. Please help! YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012