History of knee surgery. Swollen knee after removing screws. Should I worry?

hii , i had a surgery on my right leg below knee 3 days ago , to remove a rod ,implanted due to an accident ,2 years ago. now after removing rod from my leg they gave me three stitches on 3 places where screws were present . i got so busy with my job that i forgot to take medicines ( antibiotic and painkiller) after surgery and re bandaging my stitches . since yesterday , my leg below knee is swallow up . should i worry or it could be just due to exertion ? thanks in advance regards, jatin
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
From history it seems that there might be having some infection producing swelling, induration and stitches infected.
This is due to not taking antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine prescribed by doctor to prevent infection on the part.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
He will go for proper cleaning the wound and will go for dressing.
Start antibiotics immediately.
Ok and take care.