History of hernia surgery. Have weight gain, bruise in side, abdominal cramps

I have had hernia surgery 2 times; I ve since gained a significant amount of weight so I think maybe the work is coming undone,it seems as if I never had the corrective surgery because it is just as (if not more) painful; after work I was changing my clothes ( my pants were a little tight in the waist ) and I noticed bruising in my lower abs but not where the waistband would be. I had a relatively large bruise on the lower right side and on the left side and around to the center i had two or three smaller bruises. None of the bruises hurt to touch or even to push on, the only pain was the pain of the hernia feeling as if it were pulling apart (or tearing ) and in my lower abdomen it feels as if I have minor menstral cramps; I have no insurance so avoiding an unneccesary trip to the doctor is ideal for me, if there is anything that one might suggest as to what may be going onandif I can take care of it myself or if it is abso;utely neccessary to seek out a doctor s help
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013