History of hernia repair surgery on lower right abdomen. Hard lump above scar, discomfort. What could be the hard lump?

Hi, I m a 26 year old female. When I was about 18 I had a hernia repair surgery done on my lower right abdomin. Recently I have discovered a hard lump about an inch or so above the scar that I have. If pressed on it hurts a bit and there is a general discomfort in the area. I remember being told that there was some scar tissue build up from the surgery. Could that be what the hard lump is?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012