History of heart attack. Distended stomach, hardness. What is it?

Hi. My mom is 70 yrs old. She had a heart attack about a year ago... she seems ok, and Ive asked her if shes ok.. and she always says shes fine.. shes lost a lot of weight after her heart attack.. just recently I asked her if she was gaining weight because her stomach is getting bigger,,,thats when she showed me that her bottom leftnsode of her stomach is bigger than the other side.. and its kond of hard too... she has an appt coming up, just have no chance of changing it to a sooner appt.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013