History of eye trauma. Taken antibiotics for eye pain and sensitivity. Solution?

I had severe trauma to my eye in 1969. I am now 56 years old. I have no vision in my eye. I have had a cataract and now have glaucoma. Up until about 5 years ago, my eye had no real problems with pain. Then all of a sudden I had excruciating pain where my eye doctor at Kaiser said my own cornea was failing. I eventually had a cornea transplant 4 years ago and now that is failing. My doctor says it is highly likely that if I had another cornea transplant that it would fail too. Now my eye is getting worse with the pain and sensitivity too light is unbearable. My quality of life is going down the tubes. My doctor has not given me any solutions, only antibiotics and other meds. I can't keep doing this, I need a solution. I have to keep asking my doctor questions and he gives me no advice on what to do. It was me that asked him about the Gundersen Flap and he said it would stop the pain, but it was wouldn't look good cosmetically. That's all he said. I feel that he doesn't have the expertise to help me anymore. I asked if Kaiser has had done the Gundersen Flap procedure and he said a few times. My eye doctor is not a cornea specialist and I think he is not real familiar with this procedure because he doesn't give me advise or any more info on this procedure. I had to ask him how to spell this procedure so i could look it up more on the computer. I need help. I have pain most of the time and I can't live like this anymore. I sometimes need someone to drive me to work because my sensitivity to light is unbearable and my eye tears pour down my face most of the time. I need advise...
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013