History of eardrums replacement. Deaf with one ear. Pressure from flying will burst eardrum? Safe?

Hi there. I had my eardrums replaced when I was about 10 years old. If I remember correctly. The one failed after two operations, so I am completely deaf in the right ear. The left was successful afta the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I have learnt to live normally with it. My question is: is it safe to fly? I am 28 yrs old, but I remember my ent telling me something about diving in a swimming pool with the pressure, so I am not sure if the pressure from flying could result in my eardrum bursting. Please could you advise. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013