History of chronic headaches, added low dose of verapamil to current 50mg of pamelor. Is it effective ?

Hi, I m a 25 yr old woman with a history of chronic headaches . My neurologist recently added a low dose of verapamil to my current 50mg of pamelor. I have a couple of questions, how effective is verapamil for headache prevention, I ve tried just about everything else and nothing has really helped. And my second question is it ok to have a few drinks once in a while while on these? I ve had no problems with having a few drinks on the pamelor, but i was wondering if it would be ok with the verapamil. Both of these meds i take before i go to sleep, so its not like i would take them and then start drinking. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012