History of carcinoid syndrome. Done CT scan. What does report mean?

HISTORY: 53-year-old male. Carcinoid syndrome . Flushing and diarrhea. Elevated serum chromogranin A level. Reportedly normal 24 hour HIAAA. Technique: 6.21 millicuries of indium 111 pentetreotide (OctreoScan) was injected intravenously on 03/20/2013. Twenty-four hour planar whole body images were obtained on 03/21/13. Twenty-four hour SPECT CT images of the abdomen were also obtained. Additional 48 hour delayed SPECT CT images of the chest abdomen and pelvis were obtained on 03/22/13. The low-dose noncontrast CT images were obtained for attenuation correction and anatomic correlation only. The SPECT CT images were reviewed on the Siemens Leonardo SPECT CT workstation. Findings: There is physiologic uptake of activity by the thyroid gland, liver, gallbladder , spleen , GI and GU tracts. The head, neck and thorax appear unremarkable. Within the abdomen, the liver has a mildly inhomogeneous appearance. This degree of inhomogeneity is probably within normal limits. The spleen, pancreas and adrenal glands appear normal. The appendiceal region appears unremarkable. There is no convincing evidence for a carcinoid tumor primary lesion. The inguinal regions appear unremarkable. The upper and lower extremities appear unremarkable. Impression: 1. The liver has a mildly inhomogeneous appearance. This is probably within normal limits but is nonspecific. Consider further evaluation of the liver with an alternative modality such as hepatic ultrasound, a diagnostic CT scan of the liver or an hepatic MRI scan. 2. Otherwise normal indium 111 OctreoScan study. Dictated by Geoffrey Bodeau @ Mar 22 2013 3:26PM (Electronically Signed) Does this mean that I don t have carcinoid syndrome?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013