History of bronchial asthma. Taking Formonide. Have cough, wheezing, yellow sputum. Long term treatment?

Hi! I am 23 years old female. I was diagnosed to have bronchial asthma six years back. And I was given Formonide 400. I have been using the same for six years. I would usually use it two to three times a week. And once I used to inhale the Formonide, I would spit a lot of colourless sputum out, and wheezing used to reduce. But three weeks ago I caught cold , I took some antihistamines, which stopped the cold, but triggered cough . Now, I am stuck with a bad cough and wheezing, with yellow sputum, which is not reducing my wheezing even with Formonide. Kindly let me know, what is to be done as a long term treatment.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013