History of broken leg. Pain in leg even after removing screws and plate. What can I do?

I broke my left leg 6 years ago both the fib and tib..I had a rod placed in the bigger bone and a plate with screws in the smaller one...I have been trying to train for my first 5k and my leg was hurting eveytime I ran, so I went to the dr in which they removed all screws and the plate and left the rod but my leg is still killing me....what can i do? I thought maybe i just needed to build muscle or run through the pan but shoot it hurts.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013