History of bowel problem. Either constipated or have diarrhea regularly, pain in stomach and back. Normal?

Hey, I am 18 years old. From the age of 10 I have had bowel problems. Until about 2 years ago I was always badly constipated, I was admitted to hosptial etc a few times to get a detox. After awhile I got used to it and stopped talking laxitives etc as they made me sick and loose weight. For about a year my bowel movements were regular and I rarely got constipated, The past year and a half I am either constipated or have dioreaha regularly, I have a lot of pain in my back and stomach, I pass gas a lot and I bleed heavily a few times every month, Is this normal?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013