History of blood in urine. Have kidney stone. Test showed beta hemolytic Streptococcus. What is the cause for beta hemolytic Streptococcus?

I had blood in my urine since I found out about it from when I was 26 yrs of age and now I m 65. My doctor wants to find out what s going on. I ve been to see a urologist last year and was told that everthingh looked good in my bladder . I had a abodomal pelvic scan an it showed that I had a stone in the upper lobe of myy kidney. I just finished a follow up and had another C/T Scan which they did a stone search. The results came back that the stone is gone....I had blood test done and found out today that I have blood in my urine still--I was to see my doctor today an he said that I still show blood in the urine which you don t see with the naked eye. Now I have what iscalled Beta hemolytic Streptoccoccus, group B 10,000-25,000 colony forming units per mL Now last month I was given Penicillin I believe it was twice a day at 500 mg a taPotassiiium, Serum blet. Why can t I get rid of this condition.?? Also my Protine is 3+ Abnormal -- Occult Blood is 2+ Abnormal--- My RBC is 4-10 Abnormal--Casts present Abnormal--- My AST ( SGOT ) 43 High--My ALT (SGPT) 50 High--My Potassim, Serum 3.3 Low--Glucose, Serum is 131 High--My Triglerides is 242 High--VLDL Cholesterol Cal 48 High--Vitamne D, 25 Hydroxy 20.8 Low---Hemoglobin A1cis 6.8 High--Everything else on the blood work is good. Now my doctor wants me to see a Nafraperlist Kidney doctor to see if he knows what s going on. Then my doctor said that it could be a woman thing. Is the condition serious with the streptococcus??? The doctor said that after he get s back all the test we ll go over everything. I also had a Thyroid Ultrasound andit showed The right thyroid lobe measures 3.9 cm x 2.5 cm x 1.9cm. The right suerior lobe contains a 1.5 cm nodule which demonstrates calcification within. The left lobe measures 6.3 cm x 2.3 cm x 1.7 cm. The left lobe contains multiple hypervasculr nodules with the larget on the mid lobe measuring 2.1 cm. The isthmus measures 0.6 cm. Clinical correlaton and follow uo are advised. Impression: Bilateral thyroid nodular disease. heterogenous thyroid. Can you tell me please if these are all serious. Can you give me your feed back with what you think might be causing the Beta hemolytic Streptococcus.?? Thank you, Michele
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012