History of anorexia. Diagnosed with Mallory Weiss Tear and Barrett's disease. Trouble swallowing, weight loss

I have had a long history of anorexia and my weight is just above 6st. I had a recent endoscopy that diagnosed me with a Mallory Weiss Tear and Barrett s. 6 biopsies were taken and I m still awaiting the results. In the meantime I m having problems swallowing and have lost weight and am struggling to eat. Is it necessary to have a biopsy to confirm Barrett s or can I assume I definately have the condition?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013