History of UTI. Why is urination painful? What are the cramps for?

It randomly hurts to pee, sometimes it doesn t sometimes it does. I have a history of urinary tract infections and they cant figure out why they keep reoccurring, i have been fine for at least 1month. Another weird thing is that i have had cramps coming and going varying in intensity for a bout a week, but no period, this is very alien to me and never happened before. i am not sure the two have anything to do with each other but should i plan a trip to the doctors tomarro?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012