History of SVT, increased dosage of Verapamil, advised Ablation procedure to prevent further episodes. What's this procedure ?

Good Afternoon Doctor, My name is AAAA. I have a history of SVTs or Supraventricular Tachycardia which has seen me in ED many times. I have just been to the Cardiologist and he has increased my Verapamil from 240mg daily to twice a day. I have also been spoken to about an Ablation procedure to prevent further episodes. I am a little scared about the procedure...What exactly is an ablation? I have done abit of research but have gone round in circles and am still confused!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013