History of MVP. Taking Calaptin. Sudden SVT episode. Reason for palpitations?

I was diagonised for MVP in 1995 and was advised To take calaptin 30mg 3times a day Which was reduced to 1 time.since the last 6 years I Stopped the medication (as i am Now regularly doing Pranayama)And Only took the medication If I had palpitations( as the frequency of which had greatly reduced).Last WEek i had an episode of SVT suddenly when i had gone to the hosp for regular health check up And now i have been adv to take Metpure(Metoprolol succinate)Please tell me as to why these palpitations occur.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013