Hissing in head and ears, have vertigo. Suffered from fibromyalgia and hydrocephalus. What to expect?

I m 67yrs old female. Have many health problems over the years, now lately experiencing a very loud hissing sound in my head/ears. So very annoying. I am on my regular meds and lately new ones. I have ringing in ears for a long time but never had this horrible hissing sound. What s up with that. I used to suffer from vertigo and balance problems over the years also suffer from Fibromyalgia and hydrocephalus , I do have a shunt in my brain. Please if you can shed some light on this annoying hissing sound. Thank you, Thea Terlouw-Hess
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013