Hip surgery in the past with metal plate, have intense pain in the area, no relief with medicines, heating pads. Pain relief measures?

i had hip surgery when i was a little girl and have a metal plate in my hip and it is causing me ALOT of pain tonight i have tried over the counter pain relevers and they do not help is it safe to try a heating pad or will it cause blood clots what can i do to ease the pain i have no insurance at the moment so i can not go to a doctor wich im sure this is normal for haveing metal in my hip it has always givin me problems.!!!
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012