Hip surgery done. Hard lump formed near incision, getting bigger, painful. What could it be?

I had hip surgery November 12th for labral tears and a femoroplasty. I feel 3 weeks post-op and followed up with my doctor who said everything looked fine. Shortly after, I felt a hard lump forming about 3 inches down and to the right of my incisions. I iced the lump and it went down, but not completely. Now it just keeps getting bigger and it is painful! The pain worsens when I walk and it shoots all the way down to my ankle. I m just curious on what this lump could be.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013