Hip pain, test showed degenarative arthritis. Prescribed steroids. Treatment?

66 yr-old husband has had hip pain for past 4 weeks. saw general MD last week. prescribed 7-day prednisone meds which ended Sunday (yesterday AM). Pain returned this AM and he is walking gingerly on tip-toes this morning. He is retired military Tricare-Standard & Medicare . Is in very good health otherwise. Could he make an appointment with your office without returning to the MD for a referral. He was xrayed last week and the results showed some degenerative arthritis; they said that if the pain was not helped by the steroids, then an orthopedic solution was the next step. Thank you, Suzanne Easter
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013