Hip pain, MRI shows cysts. Swelling and burning sensation down legs. Your thoughts?

I am a 48 yr old woman and I have had severe hip pain for almost twenty years now. I served in the army and did a significant amount of running and jumping...when pain first started it was just knee pain and after about a year I begin to have pain in the hip also. I received every test available from xrays, MRI s, bone scans... then one ortho doctor told me I had anterior hip anteversion or something like it. Well anyway nothing else was done to help the pain in the hips. Over the past 3-4 years it has become more severe and I am now unable to do anything on the weekends because I must recover from working all week. I finally got fed up and went back to the doctor and after xrays were done I was scheduled for another MRI. The results were as followed: on one hip I have a 6mm cyst at the anterior junction of the femoral neck an head and on the other hip there is a 3mm cyst at the same location. I have pain on all sides of the hip, front, side... on one side there is swelling and the pain radiates with a burning sensation down both legs. I have suffered through this for so many years and want to know if the resurface might help with this pain. I also want to have this done while I am somewhat young enough to recover. I fear waiting to long because I may not recover as well when I get older. What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012