Hip injured, bruised. What can help the sharp pains?

Hi.. I was surfing on holidays just over a month ago and my friends surf board hit me just under my hip. I had a huge bruse there for about 10 days that spread across under my belly button. Now I am still experiencing sharp pains in that area.. Is that normal? Its been getting me worried because I haver also been having a light period since I was hit by the board.. However I believe that could be a side effect of having depo shot before going away..
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
It sounds like a very significant soft tissue injury and there may have even been a fracture. I would seek your Dr's opinion to get an Xray of the region involved. This would be reassuring. Sometimes significant soft tissue injuries like this can take a 4-6 weeks to improve. Antiinflammatory medication and physiotherapy would certainly be of benefit. I think you vaginal bleeding is likely unrelated but if it continues you may want to see your Dr and possibly change your birth control medication or try a different depo injection