Hip hurts bad. Have popping while trying splits. Tried ice and heat. Solution?

I am a dancer and last weekend I was doing my splits with my left leg in front... I was perfectly fine but the next day I woke up and my hips hurt very bad. I had sharp pains directly below my butt and a popping everytime I tried my splits. I cannot do them anymore. I figured I might just need to rest my hips and muscles so I waited for a week... I tried again after a lot of ice, rest, and heat..... The same problem occured. What do I do?!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013