Hip bone injury, soreness, large bruise formed, swelling beneath skin. Medical attention required?

I fell on my hip bone (black ice on sidewalk) It wasn t particularly sore for about 3 days. But, now on the 4th day, it is starting to complain and I am wondering if I should have gone in and had it checked right from the beginning. I fell hard and I have both a large bruise and a lump swollen place beneath the skin and on the bone area. Should I go to the ER that my place of work requires me to use for this injury? I fell at my place of employment?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013