Hip and joint pain, cough. On tamoxifen. Effect of medication?

I started tamoxifen in november after removal of stage zero dcis breast ca and 3 weeks of radiation. Initially, i thought, this should be no problem, no side effects to speak of; however, over the past several weeks i've noticed severe to moderate hip and joint pain i've never had before and i now realize i've been coughing since nov as well - i just thought it was an allergic reaction to the environment. I looked online finally to check out the side effects of tamo, and got a little freaked. i called my md who suggested lowering the dose from 20mg to 10/day. i try to stay active, gym x3/week, but i'm concerned my mobility continues to be affected on my left side; i feel like a little old lady when i walk upstairs and i'm so not used to this. i'm 48, so i expect the hot flashes, but the pain is annoying; is this going to last for the next 4+ years? is there anything i can do about it holistically? i don't want to be on any other meds
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013