Hip and back injury, painful, bruised, unable to walk. What is wrong?

Hello, This morning I was stepping over our baby gate and well, to say the least I am very clumsy. My foot got stuck and I flipped over it backwards landing with my hole weight on my lower left back/hip region. I know I did not break anything but now its painful in my left lower back and hip to walk. I know I probably bruised it but I was curious if I should get it checked out or just see if the pain subsides. Its been a few hours and its only gotten worse. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013