Highly fluctuating BP, headache, fever, cold sweats. All tests normal. Cause?

My mom has fluctuating blood pressure, anywhere from 98/50 to as high as 170/105. She's been complaining of headaches, today it is cold sweats and since yesterday she's had a fever, anywhere from 102 to 104 at the highest. She just went through a series of test, neurological, urine tests, blood test, ct scans, kidney tests, test for thyroid cancer to try to find the cause of the forever fluctuating blood pressure. The rest of symptoms are new.
All the tests came back normal to perfect.
Her doctor put her on a very low dose of blood pressure medication which she is to take every day; and take a double dose if her blood pressure is higher than normal and only half a dose if it drops lower.
But what are we missing here? What could be the cause of the yo-yo blood pressure and all other symptoms?
She's active, she's fit, she's not overweight (she's 5'5" and weighing in at about 115 lbs).
And yet, we're afraid to go anywhere since the blood pressure fluctuations cause her to faint.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013